Our client, a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in New York, is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Associate Director, Corporate Counsel. As a member of the Contracts Group in the Law Department’s Transactions Law Group, this attorney will draft, review and negotiate a wide array of contracts for the company’s Global Development and Clinical Outsourcing Groups and will provide them with related advice and counsel. The attorney will also provide some contract support in the areas of Medical Affairs and Commercial. The level of counseling requires a deep understanding of life sciences and general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will have proven experience with clinical trial contracting and in effectively and collaboratively counseling clients.
•Draft, negotiate and bring to execution clinical vendor agreements critical to the company’s global clinical development operations.
•Draft, negotiate and bring to execution other critical research-related agreements for the company.
•Provide legal support for a wide variety of business transactions, including clinical trial agreements, ancillary service agreements, registry and observational study agreements, clinical experimental sciences agreements, clinical vendor agreements, site management organization agreements, research collaboration agreements, post approval study agreements, investigator-initiated agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
•Support the company’s contract management system and its Contracts policies and practices and advise internal clients on them.
•Train areas of the organization on processes and policies
•Work collaboratively with Site Budgeting & Contracting, Clinical Trial Operations, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Department, the Compliance group of the Law Department and other Global Development Operations Teams.
Experience And Required Skills :
• Strong knowledge of contracts and related law
• Experience working in/with biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with contracts related to clinical development of biologics and/or pharmaceuticals
• Experience with contracts involving intellectual property
• High level of business acumen
• Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple matters
• Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with client organizations
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• JD with excellent law school credentials
• Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred
• At least 5 to 10 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including biotech/pharmaceutical and/or health care experience