Publicly traded growing pharmaceutical company in New York is seeking an experienced attorney to serve as counsel for the company in connection with collaborations, licensing, business development and strategic transactions. This role will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and providing advice to senior management regarding proposed transactions, as well as compliance with existing contractual obligations, company policy and the law In this role you will advise on collaborative research and licensing arrangements with leading academic institutions around the word, as well as industry collaborators. The successful candidate will have proven experience in structuring sophisticated transactions, drafting agreements and transactional documents, advising on intellectual property matters and licensing arrangements and general corporate matters.
A typical day may include:
- Negotiating and drafting sophisticated collaboration, licensing and other agreements, often where no precedents exist.
- Working closely with the business development team on strategic transactions.
- Supporting collaborations with the alliance management team and serving as an advisor as the need arises.
- Working with cross functional teams, including scientists, intellectual property, regulatory, commercial and litigation attorneys, privacy and financial functions, to advise on various aspects of a transaction.
- Interacting with senior executives to brief and discuss the key aspects of strategic deals.
- Leading all aspects of relevant legal matters handled by outside counsel.
This role might be for you if you:
- Excel and drafting and negotiating sophisticated agreements, often involving technology licensing.
- Are willing to take on a leadership role with respect to important transactions in an important, dynamic and challenging field.
- Can create and lead cross-functional teams to get transactions done.
- Can prioritize and follow through on a high volume of client requests.
- Can communicate effectively with senior executives on the critical aspects of transactions.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
To be considered for this position, you must possess a BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. Proven expertise negotiating and drafting complex agreements. Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience. Deal sheet preferred with CV. Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position. Hybrid work schedule. Generous relocation package available.Submit Resume