Our client, a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in New York, is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Associate Director, Corporate Counsel. As a member of the Contracts Group you will draft, review and negotiate a wide array of contracts for Global Development and Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, and will provide clients with related advice and counsel. This includes responsibility for Master Services Agreements, Laboratory Services Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Statements of Work and License Agreements for SS&P in support of their Global Development Clients.
The level of counseling requires a deep understanding of life sciences and general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills. Responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic agreements facilitating science and research and effectively and collaboratively counseling clients. This position reports to the Executive Director, Assistant General Counsel and Head of the Contracts Group of the Law Department.
- Drafting, negotiating and bringing to execution clinical vendor agreements critical to the company’s clinical development operations.
- Providing legal support for a wide variety of business transactions, including agreements for clinical research organization services, site management organization services, laboratory services and phase 1 clinical studies with clinical pharmacology units, master services agreements and clinical vendor agreements, covering services such as imaging services, test kit and equipment supply, medical device supply, home healthcare, telemedicine and IVR, agreements for research collaborations, registry and outcomes studies, post approval studies and data purchases, evidence-based medicine research agreements, health outcomes research agreements, investigator-initiated agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Working collaboratively with the Privacy Office, Compliance and Strategic Sourcing and Procurement.
- Reaching out to and coordinate with other Law Department attorneys on specialized subject matter and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Helping manage the contracting process from contract request through execution or resolution.
- Advising internal clients on the company’s contracts policies and practices and support the continuous improvement of the department’s contract management system, including the development of new or improved templates and tools in the system to enhance the efficiency of the contracting process.
- Advising clients regarding all aspects of contract law and related areas.
- Prioritizing and follow through on a high volume of client requests.
- Resolving client requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Understanding and comply with all relevant procedures and policies.
Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred. 5 to 10 years legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including experience or familiarity with biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position.Submit Resume