Princeton Legal Search Group has been engaged on an exclusive basis by an established mission-driven biopharmaceutical company with global operations. We are leading the search for an experienced attorney for the role of Associate General Counsel. The position is based in Northern New Jersey.
Reporting to the US General Counsel, in this role you will:
- Advise management and brand teams on legal matters within the following areas:
- Government Pricing
- Government Contract Compliance (e.g., Army Bases, DOD, VA FSS)
- Government Matters (e.g., AG, CMS, DOJ, FDA, HRSA, OIG, VA)
- VA Subcontractor Agreements
- 50-state surveys
- Tiered Agreement support
- State Licenses and Business Registrations
- Product Issues (e.g., Customer Complaints, Pharmacovigilance, Recalls, Transportation)
- Intellectual Property
- Manage a direct report by supporting the growth and development of a Paralegal.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) degree required from an accredited school.
- J.D degree and Bar Admission (or limited in-house license) in NJ (and NY, preferred).
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience serving in a legal or related role, with a majority of that experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device/biotechnology industries preferred. In-house experience or large pharmaceutical consulting firm experience is preferred but not required.
Substantial knowledge and understanding of the various laws, regulations and industry guidance that affect pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical companies
- including FDA, FTC, HIPAA, Medicare/Medicaid and antitrust matters.
- Be a collaborative member of the US Legal team offering support to other team members, involvement in legal projects, and sharing knowledge of research on industry trends and other topics.
- Ethical, with a strong understanding of legal risks and a good sense for practical, creative
- Proactive, responsive and resourceful.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to listen carefully and effectively communicate complex topics with different types of potential clients.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with other personnel at all levels across all departments.
- Be seen as trusted partner to the business
Efficient at handling and prioritizing multiple projects in a service-oriented environment.Submit Resume