Princeton Legal Search Group is engaged on an exclusive basis by a Nasdaq listed, clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing life-changing therapies. The company is seeking a motivated and accomplished Associate General Counsel with experience representing pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies, to manage a wide range of responsibilities relating to the Company’s development of gene therapy drug candidates. The individual hired into this role will work closely with colleagues in finance and human resources as well as clinical and manufacturing to deliver a wide range of services including relating to SEC report preparation and filing; corporate governance matters; various business transactions; drafting and negotiating commercial agreements; and shareholder meeting planning, preparation and conduct.
The ideal candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment; be a self-starter and, an agile, flexible, and competent multi-tasker. H/She will be proactive, resourceful, confident, and efficient, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to find sound solutions to complex issues. This position reports directly to the EVP, General Counsel & Chief Strategy Officer. The position will have the option of working remotely with a preference for candidates based in the Austin, TX or the New York City area.
- Drive the coordination and preparation of periodic reports under the Exchange Act of 1934 (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K) and Securities Act of 1933.
- Filing of required reports in SEC’s EDGAR system, including working closely with accounting and finance department to ensure compliance with iXBLR and XBLR requirements.
- Drive the planning, preparation and execution of annual shareholder meetings.
- Review internal documents and Company presentations for securities law compliance.
- Assist in the preparation for Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Work with General Counsel in the maintenance of corporate compliance documents and policies including the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and insider Trading Policy, among others.
- Draft, manage and oversee the Company’s equity plans and processes, including oversight and management of equity software in collaboration with accounting and finance department.
- Independently draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements and key strategic agreements (clinical, manufacturing, vendor, consulting, master services agreements and work orders).
- Collaboratively build strong cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders, including finance, human resources, clinical, manufacturing and the Company’s executive team.
- Keep informed of evolving law, regulations and trends within the biotech and gene therapy industries in order to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Provide additional legal support and assume responsibility for additional matters, as assigned.
- JD from an accredited US law school and a member of good standing of a state bar.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience in corporate/securities law in either the pharmaceutical or biotech industries or with a top tier law firm representing clients in development stage, publicly traded companies in those industries.
- Solid foundation in corporate governance for Nasdaq listed companies.
- Background in finance and familiarity with virtual equity platforms a plus.
- Proven ability to draft and negotiate complex but concise and effective agreements, particularly commercial transactions involving GMP manufacturing and clinical research agreements.
- Sound business judgment, strategic and analytical thinking with excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work across departments and functions, with a sense of urgency to advance project and corporate goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent self-starter, but with an ability to be a strong team player.
- Self-motivated with the ability to excel in fast paced biotech environment.
- Impeccable professional ethics, credibility, integrity, and judgment.
- Demonstrated combination of business savvy and practicality in addressing and resolving legal issues.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position.Submit Resume