Global life sciences and manufacturing company is seeking an Associate General Counsel to join its team. This position will be located at the company’s Northern New Jersey operations, and will report to an Assistant General Counsel.
This lawyer will support the company’s Consumer Health & Nutrition business unit and have a variety of commercial duties.
- Provide general legal services at an exciting global company with North American Headquarters in Northern NJ and U.S. offices and manufacturing facilities in a number of other locations. Provide legal review, advice and support on a broad range of legal matters including commercial contracting, quality and operations, marketing, transactional and general corporate matters across the company’s Consumer Health Division, with a primary focus on the Consumer Health & Nutrition business unit.
- Work closely with all business functions and actively assist company in achieving business objectives.
- Demonstrate strategic value and competence in applying legal skills to daily in-house corporate, business, compliance and other matters.
- Identify areas of company risk and make proposals for and lead implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Supervise outside counsel and related budgets, as needed.
- Position would have significant responsibility for a diverse range of commercial, legal and compliance matters.
- This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel, Consumer Heath Division.
- Qualified candidates will have a J.D. and at least 5-7+ years of general commercial transactional combined experience at a major law firm and/or corporate in-house legal department. In-house legal department experience strongly preferred. Life sciences and FDA compliance experience (particularly in the area of dietary supplements) a plus.
- Experience and practical skills in commercial transactional matters.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent judgment and ability to operate in a fast-paced, small legal department on a broad range of commercial and legal matters with a primary focus on negotiating complex contractual arrangements with customers and vendors, typically in connection with goods.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team. Ability to provide solution-oriented, practical guidance in working with business management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with business partners, colleagues, outside counsel and other stakeholders. Excellent analytical skills and people skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, to work efficiently, to manage and to conclude, in a timely manner, many agreements, projects and issues.
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours, as needed.
- Admission and membership in good standing to the bar of at least one state.