Global Media Company is seeking a commercial lawyer to join its Legal Department as Counsel. In this role you will provide strategic counsel to business partners, primarily Global Sourcing, on a variety of commercial contracts and transactions, with a focus on licensing and acquisition of technology products, services and solutions procured by the Company. The successful candidate will work closely with Global Sourcing and with all business partners to understand their needs and advise on legal and contracting issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review, and negotiate vendor contracts, primarily technology-related agreements, such as enterprise software license agreements, SaaS agreements, software development agreements, outsourcing agreements, consulting and professional services agreements.
- Ability to review a high volume and broad variety of commercial agreements to identify and assess risks and conform to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Global Sourcing to improve the contracting process, which may include refining contracting playbooks and adopting best practices to streamline contracting process.
- Act as point person and coordinate with information security team, privacy team, and other subject matter experts within the Legal Department on privacy, information security, intellectual property, and other issues that arise in connection with vendor agreements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Juris Doctor from a reputable law school.
- 3+ years’ experience as a commercial lawyer in a law firm and/or in house with the preferred candidate having some law firm training.
- A license to practice law in a relevant U.S. State, or the ability to obtain an in house limited license.
- Familiarity with privacy laws as it relates to vendors and service providers.
- Willingness to learn the business and its strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and exercise good judgment in setting priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, with an ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently.
- Ability to work with clients from varying disciplines and geographic backgrounds.