Global media company based in New York is seeking an experienced commercial media lawyer to join its Legal Department in New York or New Jersey as Counsel. To be eligible for this role you should have experience advising clients in ad tech or digital media. You should also have substantive knowledge of digital privacy. The successful candidate will handle a range of commercial transactions relating to advertising, with an initial focus on Ad Tech & Digital Media initiatives, and will also advise on other legal matters, including privacy, across the company. This position supports nimble, innovative sales and commercial teams and therefore requires timely, practical legal advice and support in a fast-paced environment, with careful balancing of risks in light of commercial and strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, negotiate and review agreements relating to ad tech, programmatic and digital media advertising, including insertion orders, variations on IAB terms, DAA/NAI compliance, vendor agreements.
- Advise the company’s consumer division on their data driven activities, including digital advertising technology, data analytics and data solutions in compliance with global privacy laws.
- Help align company data collection and processing practices with applicable privacy laws, regulations and self-regulatory principles; and
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Juris Doctor from a reputable law school.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer in a law firm and/or in house with the preferred candidate having some law firm training.
- A license to practice law in New York or New Jersey or the ability to obtain an in house limited license.
- Familiarity with privacy laws with an on-going interest in privacy and technology law work.
- Willingness to learn the business and its strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and exercise good judgment in setting priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, with an ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently.
- Ability to work with clients from varying disciplines and geographic backgrounds.