Publicly traded growing pharmaceutical company in New York is seeking an experienced attorney to serve as counsel for the company in connection with licensing, business development and strategic transactions. This role will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and providing advice to senior management regarding proposed transactions, as well as compliance with existing contractual obligations, company policy and the law. The successful candidate will have proven experience in structuring sophisticated transactions, drafting agreements and transactional documents, advising on intellectual property matters and licensing arrangements, general corporate matters, risk management and regulatory matters relevant to the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries. The ideal candidate will have progressive experience counseling clients in a highly collaborative culture.
A typical day may include:
- Working closely with senior management and the business development team on major corporate initiatives, including collaborations, partnerships, and licensing agreements.
- Supporting critical collaborations with the alliance management team and serves as an advisor as the need arises. Negotiating and drafting sophisticated licensing, collaboration and other agreements, often where no precedents exist.
- Working closely with the intellectual property department to ensure accurate protection of intellectual property assets.
- Advising on relevant regulatory and legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including privacy, antitrust, securities and corporate law and regulations.
- Leading all aspects of relevant legal matters handled by outside counsel.
This role might be for you if you:
- Excel at advising clients regarding all aspects of contracts law and related areas.
- Can prioritize and follow through on a high volume of client requests.
- Have a history of working on contracts related to business development, strategic alliances, partnerships & collaborations.
- Possess excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Can bring strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Can work effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. Proven expertise negotiating and drafting complex agreements in the biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences area (biotech preferred & In-house experience preferred) Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience. Deal sheet preferred with CV. Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible.
Hybrid work schedule. Generous relocation package available.Submit Resume