Global Publicly Traded Pharmaceutical Company in New York is seeking an experienced privacy attorney. The Director, Privacy Attorney will report to and partner with the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) to enable the company’s rapidly growing business around all data privacy laws and regulations. This role will be responsible for advising on privacy laws, co-developing compliance solutions, and promoting the company’s Data Privacy Program. The scope of the role is within the Americas region with additional global collaboration. The position will partner closely with senior leaders from R&D / Clinical Development, Human Resources, and Commercial departments.
A typical day might include the following:
- Leading and overseeing the Company Data Privacy Council.
- Managing the development and expansion of the data guidance portfolio
- Building strong partnerships with our Privacy collaborators within Information Security and across the Law Department, representing the DPO on cross functional projects.
- Leading DPO resources such as external counsel, consultants, and certain internal resources.
- Collaborating closely with business owners to build privacy-by-design strategies for complex business matters involving systems, data governance and data processing activities.
- Ensuring awareness and alignment of “best practices” on data privacy practices by representing the company in industry groups.
- Maintaining and establishing links with our Government Affairs division, finding opportunities to influence legislation in data privacy.
- Assisting with data privacy agreement escalations, which may involve negotiation and drafting of fallback privacy provisions.
- Partnering with Medical Writing and R&D Legal Ops in the compliance maintenance of company informed consent forms (ICFs).
- Partnering with Privacy Steward in conducting first level privacy impact and data protection impact assessments on existing and new processing activities of personal data and update data flow maps as needed.
- Drafting, managing, and presenting privacy awareness materials and other communications to raise awareness and driving cultural change with employees, third parties, and customers where appropriate.
- Cooperating and collaborating with the Company’s compliance and audit teams in connection with periodic compliance and operational assessment of the Company’s privacy program.
This role might be for you if:
- You are highly experienced in delivering data privacy policies and procedures within a global organization
- You have experience advising on adherence to data privacy regulations
- You are willing to take on a leadership role in an important, dynamic and challenging field.
- You can drive the continued identification of new and updated processes and systems
- You are proactive and have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a varied audience.
To be considered for this position you must possess a BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. IAPP Certification with 8+ years’ experience as a privacy attorney. Knowledge of privacy laws in the US, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico and South America. Experience in contract drafting/review and third-party negotiating skills. Knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and business environment for the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
The company has an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!Submit Resume