We have been engaged on an exclusive basis by a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. We are leading the search for an experienced attorney for the position of Director, Corporate Counsel, Commercial Contracting and Disclosure.
The Director, Corporate Counsel, Commercial Contracting and Disclosure will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for commercial contracts and SEC reporting. Ideal candidate has both corporate law firm and in-house pharmaceutical or biotechnology company experience.
As an early hire at a growing company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at the Company, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Company employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company environment, while working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams that are dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Oversee and take ownership of the daily contracting function.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including master services agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements. Advise clinical operations, research and development, manufacturing, finance, human resources and other business stakeholders with respect to the foregoing. Advise Senior Management on legal issues and risk.
- Draft SEC reporting documents, including disclosure on Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q, and proxy statement. Collaborate closely with Finance, HR and outside counsel.
- Review, draft and implement corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate matters with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Assist General Counsel on other legal projects on an as-needed basis. Opportunities to take on governance, regulatory, licensing and other legal matters.
- JD required.
- Experience in the life science industry required.
- Minimum of 3-6 years law firm experience focused on contracts and/or SEC disclosure. Training will be provided for candidates that do not have SEC experience. Experience working with biotech or pharma clients preferred.
- In-house experience at biotech or pharma company while not required, is desirable.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position. The Company offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts.Submit Resume