Global Litigation Funding Company is seeking an experienced lawyer with substantial experience in both patent infringement and commercial litigation for the role of Investment Officer. The role involves assessing, recommending and managing the company’s significant investments in US litigation.
The company works with claimholders, law firms and companies across the world to provide sophisticated financial solutions that leverage its deep dispute resolution expertise and capital.
This exciting and varied role is for someone who wants to be in a fast-paced legal and commercial environment, willing to take on a variety of challenges and be at the cutting edge of innovation in litigation finance.
Our client seeks a flexible team player who will have an important role in all aspects of the business including:
- undertaking due diligence of potential investments
- negotiating finance terms
- presenting investments to the company’s Investment Advisory Panel
- managing investments post-investment
- working with the marketing and business development teams
Successful candidates should have/be:
- a mid-level or senior US-qualified litigator with substantial patent infringement litigation experience
- experience in other (non-patent) commercial litigation and/or a strong desire to learn about other areas of litigation (commercial disputes, soft IP, class actions, antitrust and qui tam)
- substantial experience in all phases of litigation, including meaningful trial experience
- commercial acumen, be numerate, and possess strong analytical as well as project management skills
- exposure to plaintiff side litigation and contingency matters
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business and offers competitive compensation and a collegial environment. The position will involve some international travel.Submit Resume