Global chemical company in New Jersey is seeking an experienced lawyer for the position of Legal Counsel-Regulatory/EHS. In this position, you will be responsible for certain commercial agreements and will be the “go to ‘person in the legal department for all real estate, regulatory and EH&S matters. This will ensure that there will be new challenges and experiences on a daily basis, making this position a dynamic one.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS:
- Advise and support the company’s global business on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters.
- Be the key contact for the global real estate and global regulatory and EH&S functions.
- Review and draft legal/regulatory documentation and commercial contracts.
- Act with accountability and maintain a process of collaboration with team members to ensure integration of relevant input from multiple sources in a timely manner.
- Oversee global real estate holdings.
- Support real estate transactions and restructuring projects.
- Monitor environmental litigation and manage with outside attorneys.
- Create legal awareness by developing and providing training to employees.
- Juris Doctorate from a US University.
- 3 to 7 years of professional legal experience. In house experience is desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency in handling complex legal matters and ability to balance legal and compliance risks and business opportunities.
- Experience with real estate, regulatory and environmental law.