Insurance industry leader in Pennsylvania is seeking a high performing attorney who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, fast- paced environment. The ideal person for this role will be a highly qualified, business-oriented attorney with experience in several of the following: contract drafting, negotiation, transactional work, and insurance regulatory and compliance support.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar (PA preferable).
- 3-5 years of experience as a practicing lawyer, including at a law firm and/or in-house.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility when managing timelines, deadlines and multiple projects at one time, with meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Demonstration of a high degree of competence and sophisticated business judgment and legal acumen.
- Experience with insurance regulatory matters, privacy and data protection laws, counseling financial services companies and drafting complex contracts is helpful but not required.
- Capable of quickly identifying and resolving issues, including balancing legal and business risks and giving clear and concise advice.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperate across business units and departments to achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements including licensing agreements, consulting agreements, purchase agreements, NDAs, financing agreements and servicing agreements.
- Collaborate with contract services, sales, marketing, finance, information technology and other departments to drive business.
- Collaborate with colleagues and advise on various legal, regulatory, corporate, privacy and contractual matters.
- Effectively manage and oversee utilization of outside law firms to provide cost-effective legal services.
COMPENSATION, INCENTIVES & BENEFITS:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Student loan repayment program.
- Health, Dental, Rx and Vision coverage.
- 401(k) match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Training and mentoring programs.
- Company-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to earn bonuses and other perks.