Princeton Legal Search Group has been engaged by a leading publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in New York to lead the search for an experienced Market Access lawyer for the position of Corporate Counsel. This important role is in the Commercial and Regulatory Law Group and will provide legal support on a broad range of market access and other healthcare law issues. The position requires a strong understanding of healthcare laws as they relate to market access issues such as trade and payor relationships, coverage and reimbursement, pricing, and patient support programs. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be proactive, be able to work independently, and manage multiple projects and clients. The position will directly interact with clients and departments across the company and candidate must have proven experience in working collaboratively.
- Developing a deep understanding of and keeping up-to-date on healthcare laws and compliant industry practices as they apply to biopharmaceutical market access interests, such as:
– Arrangements with distributors, pharmacies, GPOs and payors
– Patient support programs
– Coverage and reimbursement, in particular under Medicare
– Product pricing and government price reporting
- Counsel on a broad range of market access and healthcare coverage and reimbursement issues, including:
– Government price reporting
– Payor contracting
– Distribution and other trade arrangements
– Privacy counseling related to patient support programs
– Day-to-day counseling market access clients, including review of training materials, statements of work and other contracts
- Assist with a broad range of other healthcare regulatory matters including advertising and promotion, funding requests, legal counsel to compliance, privacy, policy development, and client and vendor training.
- JD with 6+ years relevant legal experience
- Licensed to practice law in New York or eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
- Prior in-house healthcare/pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience strongly preferred.
Significant knowledge of life sciences compliance trends, the FDCA, the false claims act, and fraud and abuse laws
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including drafting skills, and presentation capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work in highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with the client organizations.
- History of self-motivation, working independently on projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, and juggling multiple matters.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus eligible and equity eligible position.Submit Resume