Exciting Global Company with New York headquarters that creates unique educational offerings for iconic global organizations is seeking an experienced lawyer for the position of Senior Corporate Counsel. In this role you will report directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides legal advice and services in support of company goals.
- Primary legal contact for the business, responsible for the drafting, revision, and negotiation of legal aspects of agreements with customers, partners, vendors, and others.
- Advises on statutory and regulatory compliance, including complying with education regulations and interacting with education regulators.
- Reviews and reports on documents in M&A due diligence process.
- Performs legal research on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Supports and embraces diversity and inclusiveness.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Highly detail-oriented with analytical skills and proficient contract acumen.
- Team player with a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work against deadlines and manage multiple tasks within a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Successful prior experience in working within an intense and fast-paced organization.
- Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills enabling the handling of multiple responsibilities simultaneously while maintaining high quality and timeliness standards.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school, plus 5-7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Member of State of New York Bar or the ability to secure in house licensure.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus eligible position.Submit Resume