Princeton Legal Search Group is engaged on an exclusive basis to lead the search for a Senior Counsel for a Chicago-based financial services company. The company culture is fast-paced, down-to-earth, collaborative, and collegial. Under the supervision of the General Counsel and Senior Counsel, provide general legal support to the company on various corporate matters, including:
- Assisting with corporate legal matters relating to investment funds, including fund governance
- Preparing corporate minutes and board materials and attending to general corporate housekeeping
- Effecting capital markets and other financial transactions
- Assist with general corporate legal matters relating to investment funds, including fund governance.
- Prepare and draft corporate minutes, board materials and attend to general corporate housekeeping.
- Responsible for coordination of corporate-level legal filings and corporate records, including state filings and UCC filings.
- Negotiate and/or draft a wide variety of basic commercial contracts, including software and vendor agreements and NDAs.
- Provide support for capital markets activity, and in general, under the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, 1940 Act, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and related federal securities laws.
- Work with legal and accounting teams on earnings releases, earnings call scripts, Forms 10-Q, and 10-K, Forms 3, 4, and 5, Forms 8-K, and related matters.
- Responsible for legal entity maintenance including, but not limited to, formation and dissolution of entities.
- Support special projects, including the development and launch of new funds and investment products, including CLOs.
- Provide legal review of marketing, promotional, and advertising materials and press releases related to investment funds.
- Monitor compliance with various corporate governance practices and policies and new SEC rules, including SOX compliance and the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, 1940 Act, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Become a trusted resource to the business with a focus on improving regulatory and operational processes and strategy.
- Recommend and, where appropriate, drive process changes to enhance efficiency.
COMMUNICATION SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly motivated, analytical, strategic thinker with strong communication and team skills.
- Detail oriented, proactive, and responsive.
- Organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Able to work both independently and in teams.
- Able to prioritize time-sensitive projects.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external teams and clients, including senior management.
- Pragmatic, business-minded and solution-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate legal issues to non-legal audience.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
- Effective presentations skills for all levels of audience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic mathematical skills & knowledge necessary to understand corporate finance transactions such as calculation of interest, rate of return, etc.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong background in corporate work.
- Knowledge of various securities laws and regulations, including the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, including disclosures and periodic filings.
- Experience using electronic Board portals a plus.
- JD from an accredited law school is required.
- 5-8 years experience in general corporate work required.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Prior experience providing legal support to an asset manager and/or BDCs a plus.
- 1940 Act and/or Investment Advisers Act experience a plus.
- Prior experience in lending transactions is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus eligible position. Excellent benefits including 401K plan and generous and affordable health care coverage.Submit Resume