Princeton Legal Search Group is retained on an exclusive basis by a large integrated healthcare system in New Jersey that is seeking an experienced transactional commercial real estate attorney for the position of Senior Counsel. Our client provides treatment and services to more than three million patients each year.
The Senior Counsel will report to the General Counsel and will work closely with the Executive Vice President, Real Estate and Facilities Management. Counsel will assist with items such as: negotiating and drafting and/or supervising commercial real estate acquisition, finance, lease, disposition, and ancillary agreements, and other corporate, contractor, and service agreements, and; partnering with business partners to strategize and offer legal advice. Possession of administrative, managerial, and interpersonal skills is desired.
- Independently negotiate, structure, draft, perform due diligence for, and close commercial lease agreements, loan documents, management agreements, listing agreements, and reciprocal easement agreements.
- Provide supervision to outside lawyers hired to assist the corporation using their specialized legal services.
- Draft corporate resolutions, partnership agreements, operating agreements, joint agreements with other organizations, and other corporate documents as well as contractor, consulting, and service agreements.
- Conduct basic legal and business research and analyze legal issues relating to proposed agreements and planned courses of action.
- Develop and counsel on creative solutions to a wide variety of general healthcare legal matters and serve as an effective and collaborative business partner to clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional legal writing, issue-spotting, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and critical thinking skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- A proactive, collegial team member with effective client relations skills.
- Familiarity with State and Federal regulations pertaining to healthcare transactions preferred.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
- Licensed by the bar in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- Skilled in negotiating and drafting transactional real estate, finance, and corporate legal documentation.
- Ability to bring a strong work ethic and sound advice to the General Counsel, the Executive Vice President, and executive leadership.
- At least 5-8 years prior experience in law firms and/or in-house legal departments as a transactional commercial real estate attorney.
- Hybrid work model
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity EmployerSubmit Resume