Princeton Legal Search Group has been retained on an exclusive basis by a fast growing software company in New Jersey that is seeking an experienced lawyer for the position of Vice President of Legal. In this role you will lead strategic and tactical legal initiatives and compliance for the company. The company is a 7 time winner of Best Places to Work in New Jersey.
- Work cross functionally with leadership across the organization
- Handle all day to day commercial legal matters such as customer and vendor contracts, software licensing agreements, developing and maintaining terms and conditions, joint ventures and corporate teaming agreements, protection of trademarks, copyrights and IP, non-disclosure agreements, employment matters and dispute resolution
- Compliance with domestic and foreign laws, PCI, GDPR and other regulatory requirements.
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Active Member of NJ State Bar or ability to secure NJ In House License
- Minimum of 7-10 years of broad experience in corporate law matters
- Experience with SaaS companies and drafting and negotiating SaaS contracts a strong plus
- PCI, GDPR and privacy experience a plus
- Unquestioned integrity and excellent judgment
- Dynamic, fast-moving, and able to quickly adjust to changing priority
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic, with an ability to handle many complex issues simultaneously, prioritizing and effectively managing time
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with others
- Constructive problem-solver that looks for creative solutions to resolve complex matters.