Princeton Legal Search Group has been retained on an exclusive basis by a publicly-traded, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in New York that is seeking an experienced securities lawyer for the role of Vice President, Assistant General Counsel. This will be the #2 lawyer in the legal department, occupying a position of significant responsibility and reporting directly to the company’s General Counsel and Secretary. In this role you will work closely with senior business, finance, clinical, CMC, and regulatory teams to provide a broad array of legal support, with a primary focus on corporate and securities matters. High-quality performance in this role will contribute meaningfully to the company’s overall success.
- Serving as the lead internal attorney on all corporate and securities matters, including serving as the legal lead on all SEC filings, e.g., Forms 10-Q, 10-K, proxy statements, and shareholder communications.
- Overseeing the corporate governance operations of the company’s subsidiaries.
- Assisting with legal aspects of tax issues.
- Building strong and transparent relationships with internal clients, particularly in the Finance Department, and outside legal counsel.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting a broad range of key agreements between the company and third parties.
- In some instances, advising on employment, compliance and intellectual property matters.
- Serving as a generalist on legal matters, adding legal and business value across numerous functional areas.
- Working with and managing outside legal counsel.
- Juris Doctor degree; licensed to practice law in the United States. If not a member of the New York Bar, eligibility for licensure in New York as a registered in-house counsel.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant corporate and securities experience in-house and/or with a national law firm. Experience in the life sciences sector is a significant plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate and securities law
- Exemplary drafting and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated business savvy
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, at all levels, while keeping key stakeholders informed
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and identify opportunities for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills