Princeton Legal Search Group has been engaged on an exclusive basis by a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in New Jersey. We are leading the search for an experienced litigator for the role of VP, Corporate Counsel, Litigation & Employment Law. This role is responsible for leading and managing the company’s claims and litigation matters, which may include antitrust, employment, environmental, product liability, and securities related cases. You will also lead and handle internal and government investigations on the Company’s behalf. This role will be responsible for providing employment/HR/employee benefits counseling and managing employment/HR litigation for worldwide businesses and functions. In this role you will provide legal counsel and other legal services to businesses and functions to prevent or minimize legal risk to the Company. You will be responsible for helping develop and drive legal strategy, design legal support processes and milestones to align and achieve business strategic goals.
This position reports directly to the company’s Chief Legal Officer.
- Leading and managing all claims and litigation matters, including internal and government investigations for the Company.
- Analyzing, developing and delivering litigation and dispute resolution strategies in line with the company’s business requirements to reduce risks.
Managing outside counsel and significant litigation budgets and driving efficiencies in external legal spend and relationships
- Serving as liaison between internal business personnel and external counsel for purposes of defending and/or prosecuting litigation including witness preparation and background investigations.
- Providing employment advice and counseling to HR and business leaders on a wide variety of employment and employee benefits issues to ensure that policies, practices, and decisions comply with applicable laws.
- Tracking and advising executive leadership on claims and litigation developments, exposures, and strategies for minimizing adverse consequences from disputes.
Periodically presenting to and updating the Board of Directors on litigation matters.
- Monitoring legislative developments and trends and, as a result, proactively shaping the company’s litigation function and litigation governance.
- Coordinating and handling litigation reporting and public litigation disclosure and ensuring quality and consistency of reporting.
JD from a nationally recognized law school and licensed to practice in New Jersey (or willing to obtain an in-house limited license).
A minimum of 10+ years of experience as an attorney with a mix of top law firm experience and/or as an in-house counsel in a publicly traded corporation (preferably a pharmaceutical company).
Experience working as a federal prosecutor or within a state Attorney General’s office would be viewed favorably.
Successful candidates will have advanced experience handling complex litigation in all forums. Trial experience is desirable but is not a requirement.
Strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and the ability to engage personnel across all levels of the Company.
Ability to understand damages models and allocate the appropriate level of resources to match the risk.
Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to prioritize, handle unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Proactive team player who partners effectively with clients in a collaborative environment to achieve stated business objectives while minimizing risks.
Commitment to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Highly competitive compensation package including generous equity awards.
Hybrid work model.Submit Resume