David S. Garber is a founder and Principal of Princeton Legal Search Group. He leads the strategic growth of the company which has resulted in entry into new geographic markets and recognition of Princeton Legal Search Group as a trusted partner across a wide range of industries. David has an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University and received his law degree from Rutgers Law School-Newark. He litigated cases for eleven years, first with McCarter & English in Newark, New Jersey and later in his career with Buchanan Ingersoll where he was the partner in charge of the Firm’s Princeton, New Jersey litigation department. David serves on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Legal Search Consultants and is the Treasurer. He is a Past President of the Rutgers School of Law – Newark Alumni Association and currently is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Alumni Association. David is also a member of the Alumni Steering Committee of the Rutgers Center for Corporate Law and Governance.
David has deep experience recruiting and placing General Counsel level candidates, law firm partners and attorneys with colleges, universities and non-profit organizations. Successful searches include:
- The General Counsel for the University of Hartford
- The General Counsel, Corporate for Integra LifeSciences
- The Associate Counsel of The American Museum of Natural History
- Two University Counsels for Princeton University
- The General Counsel of Stevens Institute of Technology
- The General Counsel of ImClone Corporation
- The General Counsel of Bracco Diagnostics
- The Chief Intellectual Property Counsel for Unisys Corporation
- A Director Level Patent Attorney for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- An Assistant General Counsel, Corporate and Commercial with CR Bard Corporation
- The North American General Counsel for a Global Consumer Products Company
- The Chief Compliance Counsel for a Global Pharmaceutical Company
- The Director, Legal Affairs with a public Pharmaceutical Company in New York
- An Intellectual Property Partner with an AmLaw 100 Law Firm
- Four Partners with one of the Fastest Growing Law Firms in the United States
David regularly serves on panels that address ethics, in house law department growth and management, recruiting, job search and career advancement for attorneys. He is actively involved in the Association of Corporate Counsel and the Association for Corporate Growth.
David is a life-long New York Mets and New York Giants fan, an avid golfer and a dedicated ocean body surfer.