Global pharmaceutical company is seeking an experienced lawyer to support the Global Business Development team, with particular emphasis on the company’s Global Healthcare Gateway (GHG) initiatives. GHG initiatives include collaborations/alliances, ventures and investments, M&A, product licensing and other strategic business development transactions. This role reports directly to the Deputy Global General Counsel responsible for Corporate matters. This is a fully remote position.
- Responsible for providing strategic advice and legal services (document drafting, review and negotiation) related to GHG initiatives; coordinate the due diligence process to assess business structures, risks and IP and other rights of potential partners/targets in GHG transactions; and coordinate and/or assist with post-closing matters, including purchase price adjustments, indemnification matters and integration matters relating to BD transactions.
- Support the development of enhanced and streamlined strategic processes for contract review, drafting, negotiation, approvals and archiving, including global harmonization of key terms and conditions for GHG transactions.
- Collaborate with team of global and regional attorneys and other internal professionals engaged in the above.
- Manage and perform projects that involve complex or difficult issues requiring a high degree of original and constructive legal effort and business acumen. Identify risks inherent in contract terms and develop solutions to complex problems that mitigate risk and promote successful contract execution. Lead contract negotiations on complex transactions to support the business in meeting its goals and protecting the company’s interests.
- Establish rapport and a positive working relationship with personnel at all levels to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel. Partner with senior leaders on strategic high visibility business issues in areas of responsibilities.
- Manage, as assigned or otherwise necessary or advisable, the performance of interdisciplinary teams on key company projects in areas of responsibilities.
- Develop and enhance systems, structures and processes in areas of responsibilities to ensure compliance with applicable laws and Company policies.
- Assist with educating and training the legal team through communication and ad hoc training opportunities. Effectively build commitment and excitement and wins support and resources for company initiatives at multiple levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Manage external counsel engaged in areas of responsibilities (including budget).
- Juris Doctorate and a minimum of 6- 8 years of relevant experience at a law firm or Corporate law department.
- Experience in complex BD/M&A and licensing transactions within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have a strong executive presence and a comfort level working closely with senior leaders throughout the company.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a goal-driven legal team and excel in a fast-paced environment are required. Ability to respond resourcefully to shifting priorities and work effectively in ambiguous or challenging situations. Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize a high volume of work and independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing professional level employees preferred.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
- Remote working permitted but (i) ET time zone required, and (ii) flexibility to travel to Pittsburgh and NYC to meet with internal stakeholders from time to time required; and travel for external business meetings required, as applicable.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position.Submit Resume