Princeton Legal Search Group has been retained on an exclusive basis by Amneal Pharmaceuticals to lead the search for an experienced attorney for the position of VP, Assistant General Counsel, Global Intellectual Property. Amneal is an integrated specialty pharmaceutical company with a strong generics business and a growing branded business. This important role will strategically lead and direct a Global Intellectual Property team comprised of patent attorneys and paralegals responsible for all Company IP matters. The position can be based in New Jersey or New York.
The individual will possess excellent business and legal judgment, strategic thinking, and problem solving and will partner extensively with Amneal’s R&D, scientific and business teams to help develop and drive and improve the organization’s intellectual property strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and communicating optimal strategies to protect the company’s IP assets (patents, trademarks and copyrights)
- Providing IP support for a wide variety of business transactions
- Selecting and managing outside counsel and vendor relationships
- Identifying and communicating IP risks to scientific, legal and business teams
- Leading, developing and managing a global Intellectual Property team
- Managing an IP budget to optimize use of resources and meet designated cost targets
Qualified candidates should have:
- At least 15 years experience and expertise in patent and intellectual property law including preparing and prosecuting patents.
- At least 10 years of in house experience, preferably with a pharmaceutical company
- Experience with international intellectual property transactions and agreements
- Experience supporting a branded pharmaceutical business is required
- Experience supporting a generics commercial business is preferred, but not required
- Experience supporting a specialty pharma commercial business is preferred
- Experience managing teams both domestically and internationally
- Experience managing outside counsel and establishing and monitoring legal budgets on a project basis
- Bachelor of science in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or other similar technical degree from an accredited university
- JD from an accredited law school
- MS degree or practical lab experience is required
- Strong research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment, problem-solving and client management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic workload
- Strong organizational skills and focus on sustainable and efficient processes
- Strong sense of integrity and appreciation for confidentiality issues
Qualified candidates must have active membership and be in good standing in at least one state bar and licensed as a patent attorney by the USPTO. If not admitted to the New Jersey Bar, the ability to secure licensure as in house counsel in accordance with NJ Court Rule 1:27-2.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position.Submit Resume