Princeton Legal Search Group has been engaged on an exclusive basis to lead the search for a Chief Compliance Officer for a dynamic and fast growing biotechnology company in New York.
The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) will lead the buildout and administration of the global compliance program to govern the company as well as its subsidiaries. It is envisioned that the compliance program will be user-friendly, efficient, effective, smart, and technology-driven. The CCO will be responsible primarily for (1) working cross-functionally to ensure a proper policy framework to govern the entire enterprise covering corporate compliance, healthcare compliance, and information governance including data privacy and security; (2) innovating on, driving implementation of, and ensuring maintenance of key technology solutions regarding compliance, including Travel & Expenses, Learning Management Systems, Third Party Due Diligence systems, monitoring and auditing systems, and other compliance-related systems designed to empower business performance while safeguarding value; (3) procuring and administering fresh, effective and memorable training enterprise-wide; (4) supporting and/or driving compliance governance at the board and C-suite level; (5) partnering with other functional areas to assess and mitigate risk on a continuing basis; (6) working with the Legal Department, as applicable, to create and implement procedures for policies and auditing and monitoring efforts as well as investigations, remediations and enforcement; and (7) designing and rolling out compliance campaigns designed to publicize compliance resources and encourage a culture of compliance.
As a team member, the CCO will thrive in a performance-focused culture. Strong execution and project management skills are crucial. The CCO will be a confident communicator who loves data and thinks through challenges methodically and scientifically but can also make decisions in high-pressure situations. The CCO will be fanatical about continuous improvement, operational efficiency, and meeting critical deadlines on time. The CCO recognizes that compliance excellence and creativity help bring transformative technologies to the world.
1. Work cross-functionally to build and administer a first-rate principles-based compliance program within a budget. Collect feedback on needs of business partners; establish overarching compliance principles to meet those needs; develop policies, procedures and trainings that meet legal requirements and are accessible to and understandable by employee population; establish smart monitoring and investigation procedures; create remediation and effective feedback loop.
2. Identify and implement key compliance systems as needed; work with colleagues to establish and administer appropriate compliance governance at company and subsidiaries, capturing and documenting compliance programs for each subsidiary; lead inter-subsidiary working group to determine and implement best practices across the enterprise; design and build a compliance portal or Intranet solution as a one-stop-shop for global users with a wide range of functionalities, including quick references to relevant policies, decision trees, fillable forms, and training.
3. Work with other key stakeholders to create, drive and implement structured risk assessment and mitigation process, monitoring efforts and auditing initiatives.
Candidates should have a JD and at least 15 years of experience in compliance with significant life sciences industry experience and experience with data privacy and security (including HIPAA and GDPR). Financial services experience is also a plus.
• Strong undergraduate academic and extracurricular record, indicating critical thinking ability
• Demonstrated ability to develop plans and timelines and lead teams to complete milestones and goals on time
• Excellent leadership skills with a strong set of values that align with the Company’s business principles
• Unrelenting dedication to delivering results and a desire to shape the strategic goals of the business
• Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
• Quantitative aptitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Deeply motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Desire to work in a quickly changing, fast-paced environmentSubmit Resume