Princeton Legal Search Group has been retained on an exclusive basis to lead the search for an experienced attorney for the position of General Counsel. Our client is a well respected independent financial services firm specializing in public school, governmental, corporate, union, and non-profit employee benefits plans and employer-sponsored retirement plans. This position is based in New Jersey.
In this important role, you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to the President and CEO of the company. Responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Overseeing M&A activity and working closely with outside counsel
- Working closely with the Finance Department and managing various property and casualty insurance coverages
- SEC and FINRA Securities Compliance Management working closely with outside counsel
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial real estate leases
- Supporting Human Resources on employment matters
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, strong academic credentials, and training at a recognized law firm. Prior in-house experience is preferred, but not required. Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry would be a plus. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves environment. The ability to prioritize work and to manage multiple initiatives at the same time is essential. Candidates should be admitted to the NJ Bar or have the ability to secure New Jersey In House Counsel licensure.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus eligible position.Submit Resume