Princeton Legal Search Group is retained on an exclusive basis by a global innovative process technology company that is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Senior Counsel for its New Jersey office. Our client is one of the world’s most innovative technology licensing companies. In this role you will:
Skills / Knowledge:
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Primary focus of this position will be to work with the business to draft and negotiate technology license agreements, engineering agreements, catalyst supply agreements, equipment sales contracts, joint ventures, cooperation alliances, and miscellaneous corporate work.
- Provide first-pass legal services to local offices to which the attorney is assigned. This will include matters involving the local jurisdiction including real estate, environmental, and employment law.
- Support all local compliance and ethics function at the local office.
- Support other international offices legal administrative, compliance, and ethics functions
- The miscellaneous work involves day to day legal work related to the business units represented, including guidance, employment, and environmental law oversight, and compliance experience.
- Must be comfortable being part of a sales negotiating team from first inception of a win strategy to after-market services.
- Expect travel to occupy 25% of the job.
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree
- 8-12 years of experience, including in a corporate law or law firm environment, preferably in the oil, gas and petrochemicals industry, with solid contracting experience.
- Experience in technology licensing a plus.
- Experience in international negotiations a plus
- Expert English language skills and presentation are required.
- J.D. from an accredited law school; admitted into practice and in good standing
- Reports to the Chief Legal Officer
- Hybrid work model
- Competitive compensation