Publicly traded medical device company in Pennsylvania is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Senior Counsel. The Senior Counsel is primarily responsible to work with the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer to provide legal advice to the organization in legal matters involving customers, business partners, government entities, stakeholders, outside agencies, or complainants. The ideal candidate will have expertise working with corporate and commercial matters for a publicly traded company, preferably with experience working in life sciences, pharma and/or med tech.
This is a highly visible role with regular interactions with the Executive Leadership Team. Hybrid work model.
- Negotiate, draft and review commercial arrangements and healthcare-related contracts.
- Draft, review, and negotiate general service agreements and affiliation agreements, identify and analyze new or emerging areas of risk, and manage or provide support with respect to general legal matters.
- Support the Company’s corporate governance function, including matters relating to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare, review and advise on filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nasdaq and others.
- Provide advice and guidance to market and clinical business units on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of relevant regulatory updates.
- Work closely with the Compliance department on regulatory matters.
- Interact with management team as well as with external representatives of the legal system, regulatory agencies, governmental entities and others.
- Perform any other job-related projects, as requested.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Expertise is developing, writing, negotiating and editing commercial contracts.
- Experience with ’34 Act filings as well as related Nasdaq requirements is not required but would be a plus.
- Understanding of the Sunshine Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, CMP Law, and related health care regulations.
- Strong analytic, research and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and high degree or perseverance and energy.
- Problem solver mentality. Ability to creatively come up with appropriate solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong customer service and team orientation.
- Excellent time/project management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to excel in fluid, fast paced dynamic and complex organization.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Juris Doctorate degree program from an accredited college/university is required.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) of experience is required, preferably advising life sciences, pharma and/or med tech companies.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus and equity eligible position.Submit Resume