Our client, a publicly traded specialty pharmaceutical company in Northern New Jersey, is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Senior Director, Associate General Counsel. In this role, you will report directly to the General Counsel and work with senior management while managing certain legal functions of the company including contracts, IP matters, employment matters, policies and procedures, SEC filings, and public company corporate governance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and take ownership of the daily contracting function including, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts. Will also be given an opportunity to take on litigation, employment, regulatory, and other legal matters.
- Become a strategic partner with Regulatory, Finance, IT, Clinical, Manufacturing, Medical, and Commercial Groups to assist them with their various legal needs.
- Review, draft, and implement corporate policies and procedures.
- Advise Senior Management on legal issues and risk.
Will supervise an Attorney and a Paralegal.
Will work closely with the General Counsel and customers, vendors, outside counsel and consultants. Business areas supported include: research and development, clinical trials (commercial products and potential pipeline products), medical affairs, market access, corporate communications, global supply chain and quality, manufacturing, commercial sales and marketing to healthcare providers, patients and payers (including U.S. Federal Government), business development, procurement, finance, compliance, and human resources
Education and Experience:
- JD and admission to NY or NJ Bar or the ability to secure New Jersey in-house counsel licensure
- Minimum 8-10 years of major law firm or in-house experience, with a minimum of 3 years of in-house experience with a major pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional English communication skills: written and verbal, organizational abilities and proven attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word; Excel; Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and produce quality work product in a fast-paced, stimulating environment.
- Demonstrated excellent business judgment and the ability to form strong working relationships with internal clients while maintaining adherence to legal standards.
- Proven depth of knowledge of corporate legal issues, particular to the pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industry including contracts and compliance.
- Experience sitting on PRC or MLR committees are a plus.
- Knowledge of the Ariba contracting system is a plus.